Like the birds, we are always careful to build a stong nest and we are looking for the best materials to build our nest with. That's why we appreciate donations year around. You don't have to wait for a special holiday, we will always carefully nurture and protect your investment in FENCE so it will continue to grow and serve its mission now and into the future. Click here to donate today. Thank You!
FENCE offers 384 acres of hardwood forest, meadow, and wetland for hikers, birdwatchers, gardeners, astronomers. Our entire property is protected by a conservation easement, so it will always be available for future generations. During the school year, some eight thousand elementary and junior high school students join our Project FENCE natural history curriculum.
FENCE is proud to offer TROT, a therapeutic riding program teaching horsemanship skills to adults and children with physical, developmental and cognitive challenges in a safe, friendly and supportive environment.
The FENCE Equestrian Center has gained a reputation as one of the finest facilities of its kind in the Southeast. With permanent stabling for over 300 horses in eleven barns, all-weather footing in three lighted showrings (including a covered arena), on-site parking and spectator seating, the Equestrian Center hosts events in all disciplines year-round.
- Upcoming Events
- Free Yoga at FENCE Oct 28, 2016 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM
- Lewis Pack Show Oct 29, 2016 - Oct 30, 2016
- Free Yoga at FENCE Nov 04, 2016 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM
- FENCE Hunter Pace Nov 06, 2016 09:00 AM - 02:00 PM
- Free Yoga at FENCE Nov 11, 2016 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM
- Recent News
- Hurricane Matthew : With the continued threat to our coastline FENCE has opened up stabling for horses that need to be evacuated. Stall fee is being waived. Please contact for more information: 828-859-9021, firstname.lastname@example.org, Tracie Hanson, ED 828-817-3594 Read more…
- Celebrate Fall at FENCE : "If you love the outdoors, come love it at FENCE" -Dave Kirby As one of FENCE's founding father's always said "If you love the outdoors, come love it at FENCE!" On Sunday, October 9th from 1-4pm we invite the community to join us in Celebrating fall at FENCE with our Free Family nature festival. Fall is the perfect time to get outdoors with your family, friends, and community to enjoy all of the beauty that surrounds us. Read more…
- Trail signs! : It was a momentous day at FENCE. Out with the old and in with the new kinda day! Long awaited new trail, you are here signs began to be installed. Trails will be well marked with these signs featuring the FENCE logo, trail names, and a red dot to show you where you are. We could not of done it without Chuck and the nature committee. Read more…