Like the birds, we are always careful to build a stong nest and we are looking for the best materials to build our nest with. That's why we appreciate donations year around. You don't have to wait for a special holiday, we will always carefully nurture and protect your investment in FENCE so it will continue to grow and serve its mission now and into the future. Click here to donate today. Thank You!
FENCE offers 384 acres of hardwood forest, meadow, and wetland for hikers, birdwatchers, gardeners, astronomers. Our entire property is protected by a conservation easement, so it will always be available for future generations. During the school year, some eight thousand elementary and junior high school students join our Project FENCE natural history curriculum.
FENCE is proud to offer TROT, a therapeutic riding program teaching horsemanship skills to adults and children with physical, developmental and cognitive challenges in a safe, friendly and supportive environment.
The FENCE Equestrian Center has gained a reputation as one of the finest facilities of its kind in the Southeast. With permanent stabling for over 300 horses in eleven barns, all-weather footing in three lighted showrings (including a covered arena), on-site parking and spectator seating, the Equestrian Center hosts events in all disciplines year-round.
- Upcoming Events
- Dave Seay Perfect Horsemanship Clinic Dave Seay is a unique horseman and gifted teacher at helping his students learn a philosophy and practice of horsemanship built on mutual respect and responsibility to the horse. Spend two days with Dave and deepen your bond with your horse as well as learn new skills and enjoying camaraderie and fun with the group! Learn from Dave's 40+ years of horsemanship. May 25, 2013 - May 26, 2013
- Summer Classic May 30, 2013 - Jun 02, 2013
- TR&HC Charity Horse Show USEF A Rated hunter & jumper competition. Featured classes include the Ariat Charity Jumper Challenge on June 7th and the $15,000 Equestrian Sport Productions Jumper Prix on June 8th. Jun 06, 2013 - Jun 09, 2013
- Astronomy Program - Beehive Star Cluster The Foothills Astronomical Society sponsors a program each month at FENCE. Programs start at sunset and last as long as you want to stay. Telescopes are set up to view stars and planets, and a great variety of interesting and beautiful celestial objects. The astronomers are friendly and informative, and you do not have to have any knowledge of astronomy in order to have a good time. Programs are canceled in case of cloud cover or rain. Please park at the main building and walk to the top of Hawk’s Ridge. Jun 08, 2013 08:30 PM - 10:30 PM
- George Morris Hunter Jumper Clinic Ride or audit with a living legend of the jumping world. Mr. Morris has coached and ridden at the Olympic level and represented the United States at many important jumping events around the world. Jun 10, 2013 - Jun 11, 2013
- Recent News
- Wildwood Gets New Informational Signs : Visit our Wildwood Trail and check out our new trail signs. Kristy Burja, FENCE’s AmeriCorps Education Assistant, worked hard to design these educational signs to help visitors learn something new about their environment. Read more…
- Celebrate Earth Day : A gloomy day and imminent rain did not dampen the enthusiasm and fun at Celebrate Our Earth at FENCE on May 4th. Over 100 folks came out to learn about energy conservation, how bees provide essential pollination of our crops, green building, local food and much more. Music, magic, storytelling and theatre entertained everyone and kept the day lively. Read more…
- Check out Our Trail Improvements! : It has always been fun to hike at FENCE and now it is even better. We have improved our trail maintenance and have initiated an invasive plant removal plan for our Wildwood Trail. The invasive removal crew has been hard at work, but there is still more to do. We invite you to join the fun and help FENCE continue its efforts to remove invasive plants along the trails and carry on with other trail improvements. Read more…