Like the birds, we are always careful to build a stong nest and we are looking for the best materials to build our nest with. That's why we appreciate donations year around. You don't have to wait for a special holiday, we will always carefully nurture and protect your investment in FENCE so it will continue to grow and serve its mission now and into the future. Click here to donate today. Thank You!
FENCE offers 384 acres of hardwood forest, meadow, and wetland for hikers, birdwatchers, gardeners, astronomers. Our entire property is protected by a conservation easement, so it will always be available for future generations. During the school year, some eight thousand elementary and junior high school students join our Project FENCE natural history curriculum.
FENCE is proud to offer TROT, a therapeutic riding program teaching horsemanship skills to adults and children with physical, developmental and cognitive challenges in a safe, friendly and supportive environment.
The FENCE Equestrian Center has gained a reputation as one of the finest facilities of its kind in the Southeast. With permanent stabling for over 300 horses in eleven barns, all-weather footing in three lighted showrings (including a covered arena), on-site parking and spectator seating, the Equestrian Center hosts events in all disciplines year-round.
- Upcoming Events
- FENCE Closed for Holiday Sep 07, 2015 12:00 AM
- FENCE Open Horse Show Sep 12, 2015 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM
- TR&HC Annual Horse Trials Beginning in 1976, the TR&HC Annual Horse Trials have been a USEA recognized event. This competition features the disciplines of dressage, cross-country, and show jumping ranging from starter to preliminary divisions and runs as a two-day event (TDE). Sep 19, 2015 - Sep 20, 2015
- Carriage Club Horse Show Sep 26, 2015 - Sep 27, 2015
- Blue Ridge Dog Agility Oct 02, 2015 - Oct 04, 2015
- Recent News
- Another successful summer! : Our campers have all gone back to school now but WOW what a great summer we had together. So many adventures during horse, art, environmental, and all day camps. Creek stomping is always a camper favorite. Read more…
- The Big Clean up---Storms strike us again! : A big thank you goes out to Tree and Yard Busters for cleaning up our straight wind damage on our hiking trails that we sustained the end of June. With the Kirby Endowment at Polk County Community Foundation the funding made it possible for a speedy clean up and back to hiking! Thank you Kirby Family!!! Read more…
- Why Great Things Happen at FENCE : The Foothills Equestrian Nature Center (FENCE) wishes to thank the Kirby Foundation for their continuous support in helping to maintain FENCE with of the 2015 operating monies bequeathed us from the Kirby Endowment, administered by the Polk County Community Foundation. Read more…