Like the birds, we are always careful to build a stong nest and we are looking for the best materials to build our nest with. That's why we appreciate donations year around. You don't have to wait for a special holiday, we will always carefully nurture and protect your investment in FENCE so it will continue to grow and serve its mission now and into the future. Click here to donate today. Thank You!
FENCE offers 384 acres of hardwood forest, meadow, and wetland for hikers, birdwatchers, gardeners, astronomers. Our entire property is protected by a conservation easement, so it will always be available for future generations. During the school year, some eight thousand elementary and junior high school students join our Project FENCE natural history curriculum.
FENCE is proud to offer TROT, a therapeutic riding program teaching horsemanship skills to adults and children with physical, developmental and cognitive challenges in a safe, friendly and supportive environment.
The FENCE Equestrian Center has gained a reputation as one of the finest facilities of its kind in the Southeast. With permanent stabling for over 300 horses in eleven barns, all-weather footing in three lighted showrings (including a covered arena), on-site parking and spectator seating, the Equestrian Center hosts events in all disciplines year-round.
- Upcoming Events
- Blue Ridge Dog Agility Apr 25, 2014 - Apr 27, 2014
- TRHC Annual Steeplechase May 03, 2014 08:00 AM - 04:00 PM
- Steeplechase May 03, 2014 10:00 AM - 03:00 PM
- Greenville Pony Club Schooling May 11, 2014 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM
- Beginning Bird Watching with Simon Thompson Birdwatching (or birding as it's now more often called) is the largest and fastest growing hobby in the country. From backyard birdwatchers to International birding travelers, it is estimated that over 50 million people enjoy birds to some extent or the other. May 14, 2014 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM
- Recent News
- Special thanks to the Kirby Endowment! : FENCE came into being in 1985 as a non-profit nature education and outdoor recreation center, built around an original land grant of 112 acres generously contributed by the Mahler family, who had come to Tryon in the 1920's. Read more…
- Open Horse Show coming soon!! : With 46 classes of great variety, the all-breed Open Horse Shows on April 5 and September 27 offer a fun time for riders of any age and skill level! Classes include Western, Hunt Seat, Gaited, English and Trail. Read more…