Like the birds, we are always careful to build a stong nest and we are looking for the best materials to build our nest with. That's why we appreciate donations year around. You don't have to wait for a special holiday, we will always carefully nurture and protect your investment in FENCE so it will continue to grow and serve its mission now and into the future. Click here to donate today. Thank You!
FENCE offers 384 acres of hardwood forest, meadow, and wetland for hikers, birdwatchers, gardeners, astronomers. Our entire property is protected by a conservation easement, so it will always be available for future generations. During the school year, some eight thousand elementary and junior high school students join our Project FENCE natural history curriculum.
FENCE is proud to offer TROT, a therapeutic riding program teaching horsemanship skills to adults and children with physical, developmental and cognitive challenges in a safe, friendly and supportive environment.
The FENCE Equestrian Center has gained a reputation as one of the finest facilities of its kind in the Southeast. With permanent stabling for over 300 horses in eleven barns, all-weather footing in three lighted showrings (including a covered arena), on-site parking and spectator seating, the Equestrian Center hosts events in all disciplines year-round.
- Upcoming Events
- Golden Retriever Tracking Event Oct 25, 2014 - Oct 26, 2014
- Tryon Foothills Classic "AA" Hunter Jumper Show Oct 29, 2014 - Nov 02, 2014
- FENCE Fall Hunter Pace Nov 09, 2014 09:00 AM - 02:00 PM
- Armchair Traveler with Simon Thompson "Bhutan- Kingdom in the Himalayas" Some places in our world are very difficult to reach and Bhutan is no exception. The mountains rise high into the sky and deep valleys criss-cross this small country, leaving little level space for an airport. Nov 09, 2014 04:00 PM - 05:00 PM
- TROT Annual Horse Show Nov 22, 2014 10:00 AM - 01:00 PM
- Recent News
- Summer Day Camp - Wonderful Success!!!! : FENCE had a very successful summer day camp program this year. We served over 150 campers. Everyday was an adventure for our summer interns. Read more…
- Hokan Thorn takes the Challenge Trophy : FENCE President Andy Foster presents the 2nd annual Sandy Davidson, DVM memorial challenge trophy to Hokan Thorn during the 9/13/14 Borderland Dressage Show at FENCE. This Challenge Trophy is for Prix St. George level competitors. Read more…
- Trail Head!!!!! : A special thank you goes out to our friends of Foothills Equestrian Trails Association and Jonathan Rowe Grading for helping out with a face lift on our trail head entrance. Read more…