Like the birds, we are always careful to build a stong nest and we are looking for the best materials to build our nest with. That's why we appreciate donations year around. You don't have to wait for a special holiday, we will always carefully nurture and protect your investment in FENCE so it will continue to grow and serve its mission now and into the future. Click here to donate today. Thank You!
FENCE offers 384 acres of hardwood forest, meadow, and wetland for hikers, birdwatchers, gardeners, astronomers. Our entire property is protected by a conservation easement, so it will always be available for future generations. During the school year, some eight thousand elementary and junior high school students join our Project FENCE natural history curriculum.
FENCE is proud to offer TROT, a therapeutic riding program teaching horsemanship skills to adults and children with physical, developmental and cognitive challenges in a safe, friendly and supportive environment.
The FENCE Equestrian Center has gained a reputation as one of the finest facilities of its kind in the Southeast. With permanent stabling for over 300 horses in eleven barns, all-weather footing in three lighted showrings (including a covered arena), on-site parking and spectator seating, the Equestrian Center hosts events in all disciplines year-round.
- Upcoming Events
- Spring Bird Hike with Luke Cannon Apr 02, 2015 09:00 AM
- Tryon & Polk County Venture Join Simon Thompson for a day out around the foothills of the Blue Ridge. Spring arrives here earlier than in the Blue Ridge and we should see several swallow, warblers and other spring arrivals. Apr 08, 2015 08:00 AM - 10:00 AM
- FENCE Horse Trials Apr 11, 2015 - Apr 12, 2015
- Wildflower Journey through Photography Scott Dean's program this month will be inside for a change. Join him for a photographic journey through many of our local wildflowers. This should be a delight as Scott as many lovely photos of our native flora. Apr 12, 2015 04:00 PM - 05:00 PM
- PARTNERSHIP WITH HORSES The goals of Partnership with Horses is to network; support local instructors, veterinarians, horsemanship clinics and riding events; and share information on how to develop a mutual respect with horses through understanding, listening, and communicating using the least amount of interference, forced submission, or fear. Apr 14, 2015 06:30 PM - 08:00 PM
- Recent News
- Join "Mary & Morris" Sunday March 22 w/10% donated to TROT : Please join us at 'Mary & Morris’, 90 Pacolet Street in Tryon, next Sunday between 2-5pm to meet my friend Carol Carr, world renown hat designer from Palm Beach. She will be showing her current collection of men and women's ready to wear and exquisite one of a kind hats in addition to taking custom orders. Door Prizes and Raffle. 10% of total sales, inclusive of gifts and apparel, will be donated to the Theraputic Riding of Tryon ...TROT Read more…
- Up, Up, Up and Away! : Here at the FENCE we always cross our fingers for good weather when Go Fly a Kite Day rolls around each year. This year we got just what we had hoped for with beautiful sunny, breezy, and 60 degree weather! On March 7th FENCE was the place to be if you were looking for a fun family oriented way to spend time outdoors. Our event was a great success with about 300 community members coming out to enjoy the weather and kite flying. Read more…