Like the birds, we are always careful to build a stong nest and we are looking for the best materials to build our nest with. That's why we appreciate donations year around. You don't have to wait for a special holiday, we will always carefully nurture and protect your investment in FENCE so it will continue to grow and serve its mission now and into the future. Click here to donate today. Thank You!
FENCE offers 384 acres of hardwood forest, meadow, and wetland for hikers, birdwatchers, gardeners, astronomers. Our entire property is protected by a conservation easement, so it will always be available for future generations. During the school year, some eight thousand elementary and junior high school students join our Project FENCE natural history curriculum.
FENCE is proud to offer TROT, a therapeutic riding program teaching horsemanship skills to adults and children with physical, developmental and cognitive challenges in a safe, friendly and supportive environment.
The FENCE Equestrian Center has gained a reputation as one of the finest facilities of its kind in the Southeast. With permanent stabling for over 300 horses in eleven barns, all-weather footing in three lighted showrings (including a covered arena), on-site parking and spectator seating, the Equestrian Center hosts events in all disciplines year-round.
- Upcoming Events
- SC Mounted Shooters schooling Aug 12, 2015 06:00 PM - 09:00 PM
- TR&HC Cross Country Schooling The TR&HC Cross Country Schooling is a great opportunity to practice for the TR&HC Horse Trials, held in September, without the pressure of points or standings Aug 15, 2015 08:00 AM - 04:00 PM
- Blue Ridge Dog Agility Aug 20, 2015 - Aug 24, 2015
- SC Mounted Shooters schooling Sep 05, 2015 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM
- FENCE Closed for Holiday Sep 07, 2015 12:00 AM
- Recent News
- Therapy Horse Wanted : Do you have a horse that needs a job? Therapeutic Riding of Tryon (TROT) at FENCE is looking for additional therapy horses to help with their program. Therapy horses are local volunteers, along with their owners, who are trailered in on session days. There is training available. Please call FENCE for more information at 828-859-9021. Read more…
- Forrest Comes to Visit : Forrest, a four legged friend comes to visit FENCE for a little "getting acquainted" session. Pam Stone writes in detail on how Forrest's went from having anxiety to calm. We are looking forward to his next visit and hope to see him in the ring soon! Read more…
- Spring is in the air at FENCE! : After a long cold winter, spring has finally arrived. Wildflowers are beginning to blossom, trees are starting to bud, and birds are filling our bird feeders. It is an all around beautiful time to come out and enjoy nature. Spring at the Foothills Equestrian Nature Center also means that it is field trip season. Read more…