Like the birds, we are always careful to build a stong nest and we are looking for the best materials to build our nest with. That's why we appreciate donations year around. You don't have to wait for a special holiday, we will always carefully nurture and protect your investment in FENCE so it will continue to grow and serve its mission now and into the future. Thank You!
FENCE offers 384 acres of hardwood forest, meadow, and wetland for hikers, birdwatchers, gardeners, astronomers. Our entire property is protected by a conservation easement, so it will always be available for future generations. During the school year, some eight thousand elementary and junior high school students join our Project FENCE natural history curriculum.
FENCE is proud to offer TROT, a therapeutic riding program teaching horsemanship skills to adults and children with physical, developmental and cognitive challenges in a safe, friendly and supportive environment.
The FENCE Equestrian Center has gained a reputation as one of the finest facilities of its kind in the Southeast. With permanent stabling for over 300 horses in eleven barns, all-weather footing in three lighted showrings (including a covered arena), on-site parking and spectator seating, the Equestrian Center hosts events in all disciplines year-round.
- Upcoming Events
- Mounted Shooters Horse Show Mar 25, 2017 - Mar 26, 2017
- Natural History of the Carolinas with Todd Elliott Todd Elliott will give a presentation on the Natural History of the Carolinas. Todd Elliott's talk will be filled with his award winning photographs and encompass science, natural history, folklore, ecology, and the biodiversity of the Carolinas. Mar 25, 2017 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Free Family Concert with Alex Taub Pianist Alex Taub and Vocalist Pamela Jones will play for our Sunday family concert. Pamela and Alex have been performing together for the better part of 3 years, honing in a selection of tunes that covers some of the greatest song writers of the last century, from George Gershwin and Duke Ellington, to Burt Bacharach and Elton John. Join them as they select a few of their favorites to perform in this intimate duo setting. This event is free and open to the public. Be sure to stick around after the performance for refreshments. Mar 26, 2017 04:00 PM - 05:00 PM
- Owl Prowl with Aaron Steed 'Owl Prowl' - Whoooo's that calling at night? Hoots, toots, whinnies and even some whistles are made by our local owl species. By late March, many owls are actively calling, and on this owl prowl, we will listen for and try to see as many different owls as possible. If we are lucky, we may get to hear/see Great Horned, Eastern Screech, Barred and Barn Owls. Of course, we will hope for calm and clear weather as windy conditions can make finding owls very difficult! Mar 31, 2017 08:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- Go Fly A Kite Apr 01, 2017 01:00 PM - 04:00 PM
- Recent News
- Volunteers needed for FENCE Horse Trials : FENCE will hold its Annual Spring Horse Trials on Saturday, April 15th and Sunday, April 16th. As one of FENCE’s biggest Equestrian events, revenue from horse trials helps to support all of FENCE’s programs and projects throughout the year. As you can imagine, it takes a lot of volunteer man power to run smoothly and successfully. FENCE relies on the dedication of community members to offer up their time and volunteer for this fun weekend! Horse trials are an all weekend event made successful by upwards of 150 volunteers that commit their time to help FENCE. Saturday, April 15th is the cross country and dressage portion and Sunday, April 16th is the stadium portion; volunteers are needed for both days of the trials! No experience is needed in order to volunteer; all volunteers will be trained prior to volunteering. Everyone who volunteers will also receive lunch. If you have any interest in volunteering please call FENCE at 828-859-9021 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Read more…
- Horse Trials Updates : If you are competing in the upcoming Horse Trials on April 15th and 16th and need to check on the staus of your entry please continue on the the Equestrian icon at the top of the home page. Read more…