Like the birds, we are always careful to build a stong nest and we are looking for the best materials to build our nest with. That's why we appreciate donations year around. You don't have to wait for a special holiday, we will always carefully nurture and protect your investment in FENCE so it will continue to grow and serve its mission now and into the future. Click here to donate today. Thank You!
FENCE offers 384 acres of hardwood forest, meadow, and wetland for hikers, birdwatchers, gardeners, astronomers. Our entire property is protected by a conservation easement, so it will always be available for future generations. During the school year, some eight thousand elementary and junior high school students join our Project FENCE natural history curriculum.
FENCE is proud to offer TROT, a therapeutic riding program teaching horsemanship skills to adults and children with physical, developmental and cognitive challenges in a safe, friendly and supportive environment.
The FENCE Equestrian Center has gained a reputation as one of the finest facilities of its kind in the Southeast. With permanent stabling for over 300 horses in eleven barns, all-weather footing in three lighted showrings (including a covered arena), on-site parking and spectator seating, the Equestrian Center hosts events in all disciplines year-round.
- Upcoming Events
- Intermediate Horse Camp AGES (8-12) (8:30-12:30) $150.00 MUST HAVE ATTENDED AT LEAST ONE SESSION OF BEGINNERS HORSE CAMP OR CONTACT FENCE FOR APPROVAL Limited to 25 Campers Jun 17, 2013 - Jun 21, 2013
- NCDCTA Dressage Show Jun 22, 2013 - Jun 23, 2013
- FENCE Center Closed FENCE Center will be closed! Jun 24, 2013 - Jun 30, 2013
- Tryon Riding and Hunt Club Horse Show Jul 03, 2013 - Jul 07, 2013
- TR&HC Charity Horse Show II USEF A Rated hunter & jumper competition. Featured classes include $2,500 USHJA National Hunter Derby on July 5th and the $15,000 Jumper Prix on July 6th. Jul 04, 2013 - Jul 07, 2013
- Recent News
- Tracie Hanson gets EE Certified!! : FENCE’s very own, Tracie Hanson, our Nature Director, has recently received North Carolina Environmental Education Certification. The North Carolina Environmental Education Certification Program recognizes professional development in environmental education and acknowledges educators committed to environmental stewardship. This program establishes standards for professional excellence in environmental education for formal and non-formal educators. Read more…
- Highlights on the George Morris Clinic : In the hunter and jumper world George Morris is a big deal. Mr. Morris is credited with developing the modern American jumping position and teaching this way of riding to a huge number of successful competitors. Equestrians from all over the southeast came to Foothills Equestrian Nature Center (FENCE) June 10 and 11 to catch some of the George Morris magic. Read more…
- Wildwood Gets New Informational Signs : Visit our Wildwood Trail and check out our new trail signs. Kristy Burja, FENCE’s AmeriCorps Education Assistant, worked hard to design these educational signs to help visitors learn something new about their environment. Read more…